May 14 – 17, 2018
New Orleans
US/Central timezone

Visa Information

InterPore2018 welcomes all its international attendees – and looks forward to seeing you in New Orleans in May.

The information below is a guide to help you navigate the visa requirements.

If your country is in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), you may visit the US without a visa for tourism or business if your travel is 90 days or less.  For a list of countries and details, please visit the US State Department Visa Waiver Program web page here. You do need to apply for the visa waiver at the ESTA site.

If you are traveling to the US and your country does NOT participate in the Visa Waiver Program (link above), you must apply for a visa.


Please read the following information carefully:

  1. InterPore recommends that you visit (the website of) your local US embassy or consulate NOW to understand the visa application process for your country. A visa application process can be lengthy and it is strongly recommended that you start it at least 90 days prior to the conference if possible. For information on the embassy or consulate closest to you, see Links to United States Embassies and Consulates Worldwide.
  2. Make an appointment with your local US Embassy or Consulate to arrange for submitting your visa application.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  3. If needed, you can obtain a visa letter from InterPore provided that your abstract is already accepted for presentation at the meeting. If you wish to attend the meeting without presenting or as an exhibitor, you need to register first. Please download the form for participants here. Fill out the form completely and send it to We will sign and stamp the form and send it back to you. Forms that are not signed and stamped will not be valid. For some domains (examples or we are able to receive emails, but our responses do not appear to go through. Kindly check your spam/junk folder if you are experiencing delay, and ensure that your firewall permits email responses from

For more information, please visit the US State Department Visa website.


There are travel restrictions for some countries. Latest information on these restrictions can be found here and here. Note that people with dual citizenship can use the passport that allows them travelling to US.