Let's make it possible for deserving researchers to participate in InterPore2020!
We are pleased to announce that InterPore Foundation for Porous Media Science and Technology (InterPore Foundation) would once again like to offer a limited number of conference grants to students, as well as to scientists from academic institutions from countries with lower- or middle-income economies, as defined by the World Bank.
At InterPore2019, ten participants were offered a grant which covered their registration fee. Unfortunately, due to a lack of funds for travel expenses, only seven of those recipients were able to attend the conference. We have realized that for students and scientists from countries with lower- or middle-income economies, providing the registration is simply not enough. In addition to paying the registration fees for those participants, the InterPore Foundation would like to provide up to €500 per recipient from those selected countries to go towards travel costs. However, the necessary funding for providing these grants is currently beyond our financial possibilities. That is why this year we are calling on your help! Please consider making a donation to InterPore Foundation in any amount. Your generous support will help students and scientists, who would not otherwise be able to attend InterPore2020, gain experience and exposure and build their scientific network at an international conference. The number of grants we can provide is dependent on the donations of people like you!
"Receiving a conference grant from InterPore Foundation made attending InterPore2019 possible for me. Participating at this year's conference helped to strengthen my research, grow both my friendship and scientific networks, and engage with pioneers of porous media. Such a nice socio-scientific experience would not have been possible without this grant." -Nasrollah Sepehrnia, 2019 InterPore Foundation Conference Grant Recipient
"Because it is becoming increasingly difficult to get research funding from government agencies in Brazil, the grant provided by the Interpore Foundation was crucial in allowing my participation in this important conference. Thanks to the InterPore Foundation, with this grant I was able to present my work and get important feedback from internationally-recognized researchers attending the conference." -Fabricio Simeoni de Sousa, 2019 InterPore Foundation Conference Grant Recipient
|Steffen Berg, Chair of InterPore Foundation (first from left), conference grant recipients, and Florian Doster, Chair of Student Awards and Grants subcommittee (far right), at InterPore2019|
Applications for conference grants are now being accepted!
Application for conference grants
To qualify for a conference grant, one must be an InterPore member, have one or more accepted abstracts, and give an oral or poster presentation. Students must be registered full time with an academic institution.
All applications must be submitted via email format to Dr. Karolin Weber (email@example.com), and include the documents mentioned below in pdf format.
For scientists from selected countries:
- A statement requesting the conference grant and providing the rationale for the request. The statement should include the title of presentation and the type of presentation (minisymposium, contributed lecture, or poster) and the name(s) and affiliations of co-authors.
- Current curriculum vitae (CV) that includes recent publications. In addition, one may provide a URL for a working Web page that expands on the information in your CV.
- A statement requesting the travel award and providing the rationale for the request and the significance of attending the conference for your research. The statement should include the title of submitted abstract, name(s) and affiliations of co-authors, and the title of the minisymposium.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) that includes your contact information, the expected date (month/year) of the award of your PhD, the institution awarding your PhD, your advisor’s name, and other relevant information including recent publications. In addition, you may provide a URL for a working Web page that expands on the information in your CV.
- A letter of recommendation from your advisor, who should provide commenting on your scholarly achievements and potential and on any special circumstances. You need to ask your advisor to send the letter to Dr. Karolin Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org). You should submit your application early enough for your advisor to have time to submit the letter of recommendation before the deadline.
The deadline for submitting an application is Friday, 15 May. However, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The applications will be evaluated by the Conference Grant Committee, and successful applicants will be notified by Monday, 25 May.